“The Art of Objects. The Birth of Italian Industrial Culture, 1878-1928.” University of Toronto Press, 2018.
“I Passaggi obbligati di Italo Calvino. Autobiografia, memoria, identità.” Longo Editore, Ravenna, 2017.
“Italian Innovators” (on great modern Italians):
SERIES 1. Ep. 1, Senatore Borletti; Ep. 2 Enrico Caruso/Giulio Ricordi; Ep. 3 Elsa Schiaparelli; Ep. 4 Enzo Ferrari; Ep. 5 Guglielmo Marconi; Ep. 6 Davide Campari; Ep. 7 Alfonso Bialetti; Ep. 8 Maria Montessori; Ep. 9 Francesca Cabrini; Ep. 10 Edoardo Bianchi; Ep. 11 Camillo & Adriano Olivetti; Ep. 12 Leopoldo & Vittorio Alinari
*“Pierrot, Perelà, and the Italian Saltimbanco. French Fumisme and the Italian Modernist Imagination.” – Incontri,33, 2018, 27-37.
* “Palazzeschi’s La passeggiata and the Urban Miniatures of the Modern World.” – Italica, 94.3 Fall 2017. 488-513.
* “Il caso Papini nel panorama modernista italiano.” – Mosaici. Journal of Italian Poetry. Vol. 5, Summer 2017 – Special Issue on Italian Modernism.
* “Memorie oltre il mito. Il caso di Due Imperi Mancati di Aldo Palazzeschi.” – Italianistica. Rivista di Letteratura italiana. vol. 1, 2017. 107-114.
* “D’Annunzio, Bernini, and the Baroque Prelude of Il Piacere.” – Forum Italicum, vol. 51, n.2, Summer 2017 – Special Issue on D’Annunzio. 1-21.
* “Ricordare l’indicibile: I Vent’anni di Alvaro e la memoria della grande guerra” in Rivista di Studi Italiani, Anno XXXIV, n.2, August 2016: 279-297.
“An Italian in Paris. De Amicis, the World Exposition of 1878, and the New Culture of Industrial Modernity” in Romance Studies, vol. 33 Nos. 3-4, November 2015, 216-229.
“Presente! The Latent Memory of Italy’s Great War in its Photographic Portraits.” in Minghelli, Giuliana, and Sally Hill edts. Stillness in Motion: Italy, Photography and the Meanings of Modernity. University of Toronto Press, 2014.
“1914. La cultura italiana prima dell’abisso”, in LineaTempo, n.4, October 2014 (9 pp.), web.
“La Novità di Maciste Alpino.” Italian Culture, XXVII, I, March 2009: 43-59.
“I Sentieri che si Biforcano di Fenoglio e di Calvino.” Atelier Poesia, X, September 2005: 49-59.
“L’Autobiografia di uno Spettatore: un Passaggio Obbligato di Italo Calvino.” Acme, LVIII, II, May-August 2005: 333-345.
Gigli, Daniele, Quell’intreccio naturale tra cultura e tecnologia. Heritage Srl., January 10, 2017.
Poletti, Filippo. Gli americani studiano l’italiano. Cottini: lingua per aprirsi al mondo. Business International Magazine (BiMag), November 25, 2016.
* Book presentation (The Art of Objects): Hotel La Scala (Milan, April 18, 2018); Villanova University (October 29, 2018); Harvard University (February 4, 2019); ISI Florence (June 26, 2019); Umbra Institute Perugia (June 27, 2019)
* Podcast presentation (Italian Innovators). IES Milano, July 1, 2019
* Tra Sacro e Sacro Monte Theatre Festival (Varese, Italy). Dante e l’America. July 14, 2015.
* Mount Holyoke College, Matilde Serao’s La virtú di Checchina. Undergraduate Seminar on Italian Material Culture (Prof. Frau – February 25, 2015)
* Yale University, Smoke, Cigarettes, and the Modernist Ideal of a Light Being, February 20, 2015
* University of Pennsylvania, Gramophones, Sound Recording, and the New Languages of Music. Graduate Seminar on Italian Opera (Prof. Calcagno – January 30, 2015)
“ The Toothache of Italian Colonialism. The Case of Flajano’s Tempo di uccidere.”Delivered at the API international conference in Siracusa, Italy, July 2-5, 2019.
“Forgotten Islands. Italy and the Islands of Greece.” Delivered at the CSIS Conference in Ottawa, May 13, 2018
“Buffalo Bill and the Italian Myth of the American West.” Delivered at the international conference Cultures on the Move organized by the University of Oxford, Oxford, September 23-24, 2016.
“The Style of Objects. The Making of a Modern Lifestyle in Matilde Serao’s La virtú di Checchina and La conquista di Roma.” Delivered at the AAIS Conference in Baton Rouge, LA, April 21, 2016.
“Depero’s Toys and the Making of Italian Design.” Delivered at the NEMLA Conference in Toronto, April 30, 2015.
“Tempo della scienza e arte del tempo. Orologi, industria e tempi moderni”. Delivered at the international conference Arte e scienza nel terzo millennio organized by the European Commission Joint Research Center, Ispra (Italy), April 24, 2015.
“The Art of Objects: Designing Italy’s Way to Modernity (1878-1928)”. Presentation of the book project delivered at the conference The Italian Contribution to Knowledge organized by the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, October 18, 2014.
“Forgotten Memories Behind the Myth: The Case of Palazzeschi’s Due imperi mancati.” Delivered at the International Conference The Myth of the Great War in Philadelphia, April 24, 2014.
“The Representation of Food in Baroque and Modernist Still Life.” Delivered at the NEMLA Conference in Boston, March 23, 2013
“Ciclismo e territorio. Il Giro d’Italia e il mito della bicicletta in Italia.” Delivered at the Istituto di Cultura Italiano at Montréal, October 21, 2012.
“The Latent and Public Memory of Italy’s Great War in Its Photographic Autobiography.” Delivered at the Graduate Conference Voices from the In-Between: Aporias, Reverberations, and Audiences, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, April 17, 2010.
“Ai Margini della Retorica: Guerra ed Emigrazione nella Narrativa Popolare Italiana.” Delivered at Chiasmi Graduate Conference, Brown University, March 14, 2008.